Maintenance Tips To Keep Your Drainage System Blockage - Free 3 Tips On How To Avoid Drain Blockage
Drainage Emergencies Seem To Have A Way Of Creeping Up At The Worst Times. Apart from it being unsightly, the possibility of it posing safety and health risks and even causing flood, air pollution and leakage abound. Maintenance can be used to avoid situations such as these.
Anything from a build - up of debris, grease, tree roots or other small obstructions can lead to drain blockage. Sometimes, the external main lines may contain large clogs, even when there are none in your house pipes.
There Is No Need To Get The System Of Your Drainage Clogged With These Maintenance Tips We Have Put Together For You To Follow
1. Minor clogs can be fixed with just a plunger.
2. Remove the stoppers in the bathtub and clean out your drain a couple times a week. Make sure to wash the stopper itself before putting it back.
3. To Trap Hair That Falls Off While Bathing Or Washing, Place A Mesh Barrier On Your Sink And Bath Plugs To Trap The Hair. Just like you don't let food particles go down the kitchen drain, you shouldn't let your hair get into, and clog, the bath drain.
4. Consider brushing out hair before getting in the shower to cut down on drain clogging caused by loose hair.
5. You should also install grates to cover your drains. When Cleaning Your Drains, Use A Bacteriological Drain Cleaner - One That Isn't Corrosive.
6. It is important that you don't grow plants and trees near the network of pipes of your drainage system since the tree roots can intrude and obstruct the pipes.
7. Arrange a contract with a drainage company to get occasional examinations and servicing without having to run after them. Our Drainage Suffolk company in Suffolk can provide you with comprehensive maintenance. You should discuss the importance of taking care or your drains with your family.
8. Don't use chemical cleaners They will damage your pipes in the long run.
9. Don't Put Your Waste Or Any Object In Your Drains. It is not a dustbin.
10. Avoid letting the following substances go into the drain grease, oil, fat, coffee, meat, rice, gum, hair, condoms, medication, cosmetics and similar items.
11. In short, the only thing that you are supposed to allow down your sink drain is water For your toilet; water, urine and faeces.
12. Straighten A Wire Coat Hanger And Bend One End Of It To Form A Hook. This Hook Can Slip Past Your Drain Cover To Fish Out Accumulated Debris From Your Drain.
13. Pour hot salty water through your sink to prevent grease from amassing in your drain.
14. There are many other ways to maintain your drains, some which work, and some which don't. Just make sure you don't use acidic solutions.
If you currently have drainage problem's in your home and nothing on the list has worked so far, don't force it, otherwise you could worsen the situation. Rather, make the call for professional help if the issue persists. Technicians at Drainage Suffolk in Suffolk are among the best you can turn to for your drainage system needs.